"The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."
Ann Sterling Dale
Ann Sterling Dale received a B.F.A. in Dance and Choreography from Elon University. She trained at the Ailey School, Steps on Broadway, Parsons Dance, the Jennifer Muller The Works scholarship program, and Arrows International. She has performed in NYC with Bala Sole Dance Company, The Next Stage Project, and Flexicurve. She has a passion for choreography and has shown work in the NYC Young Choreographer’s Festival. She is currently teaching dance in the Houston area, and she desires to use dance as worship. Ann Sterling is excited to return for her second season with Ad Deum.
1. Where are you from? Statesville, NC
2. How many years have you been dancing? Twenty years!
3. Favorite style or styles of dance? JAZZ is my favorite style because I love athletic, strong, fast movement, jumps and turns! I also absolutely love Hip-Hop and African because they have so much rhythm and soul at the core of the styles!! : )
4. What made you want to start dancing? Jesus..: ) But really! My mom was a dancer, so she most likely signed me up for dance classes because I was dancing around the house to music. Or why did you start dancing?
5. What dancers or dance companies inspire you? Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Giordano Jazz Dance Chicago, and Parsons Dance
6. Favorite work of Ad Deum? Innocence Not Lost because it is such a powerful and relevant work to the culture today in American and all over the world, and it is a form of intercession for the girls who are being trafficked.
7. Favorite Performance or Outreach? It was Project Dance Houston last year because I love dancing outside, and my parents were there, and the GLORY of the LORD fell upon that place as we danced and worshipped!
8. Favorite Ad Deum Memory? The day we all dressed up as random characters and did an epic improv dance for Stella's birthday at 8:30 am, and Dan dressed up as Spider Man (full costume), and Andreas was dancing around with a vacuum and a broom, and I was jumping, leaping and bouncing non-stop without warming up and wearing sunglasses of course!
9. Favorite Food? Raspberries!! They are the perfect mixture of tartness and sweetness!
10. What would you do if you were not a dancer? I would be a fitness instructor and a writer
11. What type of music do you listen to? Worship
12. Random Fact? I play the harp and I like to mimic people : ) AND smiling's my favorite!
"To dance is to live!", "Dance is the hidden language of the soul, of the body", "Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion"
- Martha Graham