Monday, February 11, 2013

Community By: Emily Runyeon

When people come to visit Ad Deum, they almost always comment on our strong community.  I am so thankful to be a part of such a diverse group of people that genuinely cares about each other.  Our community is unique and rare in the dance world.  Many dance environments tend to be "every man for himself", whereas in Ad Deum we dance "every man for the glory of God", which allows room for building each other up rather than waiting for someone to fail in order to take their roll in the next show.  Focusing on God, rather than focuses on ourselves, frees us up to be servant artists to the community and to each other.  We function as a family, encouraging each other and pushing each other to not only be the best dancers we can be, but the best people we can be in daily life.

Our season runs from August to May with a few short breaks in between, and even though sometimes my body needs the break from dancing, I find it hard to be away from my Ad Deum family.   I am so thankful for this community and the joy and growth it has brought to my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment